Today’s teachers are challenged to implement instructional practices that are rigorous, standards-based, and grounded in research in order to help students succeed. Sue’s professional learning sessions…
- Assist teachers with understanding and implementing standards-based math instruction.
- Provide practical, easy-to-implement activities that are well-grounded in educational theory.
- Have a strong focus on mathematical reasoning and problem solving.
- Focus on activities that enhance students’ understanding of mathematics.
- Provide techniques that work for all learners.
You may be interested in professional learning sessions that focus on the principles of Math in Practice or sessions that bring deeper understanding to the Common Core Math Standards, or you may want to design sessions to meet the specific needs of your teachers or students whether they need support with fractions, problems solving, number sense, or other specific math topics.
For additional ideas, see one of these sections:
Interested in scheduling a professional learning session for your school or district?
Contact Sue O’Connell for more information on scheduling a session.